Last night, friends dragged me away from my favorite John Hughes movie Sixteen Candles to watch Leonardo DiCaprio’s new film, Inception. I’d wanted to see it since the checking out the trailer months ago but my friends were exceptionally hard body arranging a midnight showing field trip.
So today I’m pretty tired but I can say that my slow going is well worth it because Inception was pretty awesome. I already love cerebral thrillers and this film was like “Total Recall on crack” according to a friend, though I thought it was more Being John Malcovich mixed with Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and any ’90s hacker movie you fancy.
Not to spoil it for you, but DiCaprio is a dream hacker hired by companies to garner secrets from his marks. Later in the film, he decides to do the opposite and plant an idea in someone’s head and hires a crew to help him out, which leads to dream sequences, walking on ceilings (no, Lionel), gravity-defying fight scenes and ultimately, confusion. Why am I confused?
The end was wild inconclusive, as any good thriller should be. I’m not sure if I’m happy or if I’ve been tricked. I won’t tell you exactly what happens but I’d love to hear your thoughts in a comment below so I know that I’m not alone in my confusion.
Last 5 posts by Hillary aka Steely D
- DJ Kalkutta's 'Boy Talk': THROWBACK! - July 10th, 2011
- Marc Jacobs & Emily Browning in Black And White - June 24th, 2011
- Estelle Feels Up Omari Hardwick in 'Break My Heart' Clip - June 24th, 2011
- Gay Marriage Vote Delayed, Queen Latifah's Trainer & Kelly Rowland's Ab DVD, Casey Anthony Case, Christian Lacroix Re-Emerges, Lone Woman Charged for Rwandan Genocide - June 24th, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan Fails Drug Test, Hulu For Sale?, Global Fashion Week, U2 In-Fighting, Whitey Bulger Caught, Lil Wayne Covers XXL - June 23rd, 2011