While you guys know how much we are fans of True Blood at Parlour, HBO is about to just completely take over our Sunday social schedules with their new series, Boardwalk Empire created by Sopranos writer Terence Winter. Set in prohibition enforced 1920 in Atlantic City, New Jersey, Boardwalk focuses on the life and schemes of Enoch “Nucky” Thompson (played by Steve Buscemi and based on real life Enoch Johnson) the corrupt treasurer of the east-coast playland and official crime boss of the town once AC becomes a major bootlegging port for the mafia.
From the looks of the trailer and behind-the-scenes footage, Empire is looking to be a cross of the Sopranos X The Untouchables with a little Hoodlum thrown in when The Wire‘s Michael Kenneth Williams appears as Chalky White (best name ever), de-facto mayor of Black Atlantic City aka Chickenbone Beach. The pilot was directed by Martin Scorcese, which means we are all obligated to watch. Boardwalk Empire premieres Sunday September 19th on HBO.
Trading Sookie and Eric for Nucky, a young Al Capone and Omar? I can do that. Let’s see what happens.
Peep the trailer and more vidoes below.
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- 3 Luxe for Less Caribbean Getaways for Fall! - August 29th, 2016
- Carnival Virgin? What To Know Before You Go! - August 14th, 2016
- Get On Your Game At Club Med Sandpiper Bay - May 29th, 2016
- Three Spring Hotel Deals To Book Now! - April 1st, 2016
- Travel Bites: Luxe for Less Hotels, TSA Steps Up & More! - March 13th, 2016