Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg will appear on Oprah today at 4pm in the US. Says the SF Chronicle:
“And with the premiere of a major Hollywood movie about the origins of the Palo Alto social-networking giant just a week away, Facebook figures to remain in everyone’s faces.
The tech world was already abuzz with rumors that Facebook was working on its own mobile phone. Then Facebook’s 26-year-old co-founder Mark Zuckerberg landed on Forbes magazine’s list as America’s 35th-richest person with a net worth of $6.9 billion, leapfrogging him over the likes of Apple Inc. chief executive Steve Jobs.
And even if that fortune is mostly just on paper, several published reports indicate Zuckerberg will use some of that dough – $100 million – to start an education fund meant to help the troubled Newark, N.J., school district.”
Eddie Fisher, whose huge fame as a pop singer was overshadowed by scandals ending his marriages to Debbie Reynolds and Elizabeth Taylor, has died. He was 82. [MSNBC]
President Obama urged wealthy countries to maintain development assistance to poor nations during the U.N. Millennium Development Goals Summit. [Washington Post]
Nicaraguan diplomatÂ Cesar Mercado wasÂ found dead today in his Bronx apartment. [Gawker]
Coincidentally, Sesame Street was in the news again today because of theÂ decision not to airÂ Katy Perryâ€™s guest appearance after a clip of it released online generated controversy among parents. [EW]
Last 5 posts by Maya Francis
- Bishop Eddie Long's Defense + More - September 27th, 2010
- Jay-Z, Warren Buffett Cover Forbes + More - September 23rd, 2010
- Lady Gaga Doesn't Help 'Don't Ask Don't Tell' + More - September 22nd, 2010
- NewsBites: Disturbing Reports From Afghanistan, Emanuel For Mayor + More - September 21st, 2010
- NewsBites: Was Christine O'Donnell Phone Tapped, Sickle Cell Testing + More - September 20th, 2010