Sometimes, all a man really needs to do is smile.
While we understand the need for rappers to “mean mug,” screwfacing won’t get you the ladies. Thankfully, Mississippi rapper-cum-producer Big K.R.I.T. took our advice while shopping for and sporting fall’s freshest streetwear at New York City’s Reed Space. We figured he would want to see some new spots in the Big Apple since joining Def Jamâ€”through Cinematic Music, shout to Shipes! and embarking on his current tour.
K.R.I.T., born Justin Scott, arrived on the set quietly and then assaulted our cameras with grimaces until our wonderful powers of female persuasion prevailed and the jokes started. *Winks to Berman, Tish, Jeff, Nico, Tim, Jonny and Kamal for making it happen*
Check out a snippet of our forthcoming interview as well as the full style gallery above, credits and video below to see all the fun. Hills chatted with K.R.I.T about his upcoming mixtape, debut album and hopeful collaborations. The full interview drops later this week, so stay tuned!
#4 | All clothes, artist’s own
#7 | ‘Basic Bomber’ Jacket in black by Carapace, ‘Diamond Crew’ Tee in black by Staple, ‘Stapleton 1995’ Jean in black by Staple, ‘Jordan IX’, Nike (artist’s own), ‘Grizzly’ Chain by Good Wood (artist’s own)
#8 | Assorted Tees & Outerwear | $36 – $350 | Available at The Reed Space
#10 & #12 | ‘Basic Bomber’ Jacket in black by Carapace, ‘Diamond Crew’ Tee in black by Staple, ‘Stapleton 1995’ Jean in black by Staple, ‘Jordan IX’, Nike (artist’s own), ‘Grizzly’ Chain by Good Wood (artist’s own)
#14 | ‘Mash” Long Sleeved Camo Shirt, 10 Deep
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017
- Why Be Basic? 6 Ways To Be A Better Traveler - December 19th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Brazil's Hidden Beauty, Our National Parks' Lessons & more! - December 5th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Airbnb's New Look, The Best Time To Travel & More! - November 29th, 2016
- Travel Bites: The New Luxe AirBnb, A VAT Breakdown & More! - November 21st, 2016