Next week if you see any of us on the street, just ignore the bags under our eyes, ponytails and blank stares. It’s CMJ week here in New York City, which great for us music lovers, but hard on our feet as there literally are hundreds of bands playing, at the same time, for a week straight. One group that i’m rearranging things around for to see is hip-hop/soul/jazz unit Electric Wire Hustle out of New Zealand. Since forming in 2007 and releasing their debut self-titled album on BBE, their ‘future soul’ tracks have invaded the play-lists of cool kids everywhere. It also doesn’t hurt that their singer gives us Marvin Gaye good feelings. Check out why they stay on rotation in Parlour world after the jump. Good weekend ladies!
Electric Wire Hustle, “Chaser”
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- The Travel Seven: LaToya Joy Westbrooks - April 2nd, 2016
- Three Spring Hotel Deals To Book Now! - April 1st, 2016
- Travel Bites: Luxe for Less Hotels, TSA Steps Up & More! - March 13th, 2016
- Travel Bites: American's Upgrades, Global Carnivals & More! - February 18th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Zika Virus 101, Rio Carnival & More! - January 31st, 2016