Now that AMC’s Mad Men has invaded our Sunday night schedules, inspiring vintage style viewing parties, cocktails and clothing collections, it was only a matter of time until Dyna Moe’s MAD MEN, The Illustrated World made it to our coffee tables. The first “official” tie-in book to the series, it’s more of a tongue-in-cheek guide to the 1960’s than an illustrated collection of stories, featuring hilarious “tips” for navigating oneself through the times. Since we’ve had it here in the Parlour apartment, we’ve also had to stop it from magically disappearing into visitor’s bags. Some Parlour faves: Outfitting A Hotel For A Workday Tryst, Makeup Tips for Young Moderns, and Phrases for Well Meaning Squares which includes the classic “I have all of Harry Belafonte’s albums” and “How many ascots should I pack for the Freedom Ride?”
Mad Men fans will probably recognize Dyna’s illustrations from AMC’s online Mad Men avatar feature, but the way she manages to capture Paul’s boho aspirations and Betty’s juvenile angst is brilliant. Bonus? The Miss Joan Harris paper doll collection!
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Travel Bites: Zika Virus 101, Rio Carnival & More! - January 31st, 2016
- Global Entry Denied? Appeal It! - January 23rd, 2016
- Travel Bites: Bali Tips, Status Matching, Packing Wins & More! - January 10th, 2016
- 3 Ways To Warm Up For MLK Weekend - January 6th, 2016
- Five Beachy Last Minute NYE Ideas to Love - December 26th, 2015