With Curren$y, Ciara and Raheem dropping videos at the same time, we decided to battle. If we had to pick one, our money is definitely on Spitta. Ciara would try to dizzy up the fellas with her bump-n-grind moves, but all Curren$y has to do is blow smoke in both their faces and it’s a wrap.
Check out Rah and Wale’s “Around The Way Girl” video tribute in their clip for “Greatness,” Cici’s random clear-heels and fanny-pack in “Gimme Dat” and Curren$y’s smokin’ tapes in “Audio Dope II.”
We spoke to the MC awhile back and he shared that of all his songs, we should hear â€œAudio Dope II,â€ I recorded that in Jamaica.”
Of course we asked if he got busy with the island’s lovely green too.
“Naw, the weed out there is all natural, they donâ€™t grow no purple kush,” he replied. “When I was out there I brought my own weed with me. No disrespect to whatever they got out there but I knew what kind of weed I like and I like mine to come from California.”
Dr. Dre, Snoop and Blu’s home state is the land of all things medicinal… and not so medicinal so we’ll have to agree.
Shout out to Phil Ade and Tabi, clips are below.
Curren$y | Audio Dope II | Directed by Jonah Schwartz for Creative Control
Raheem Devaughn | Greatness | Directed by Tabi Bonney
Ciara | Gimme Dat | Directed by Melina Matsoukas
Thoughts Ladies? Speak your piece in the comments our hit us @ParlourMagazine!
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Travel Bites: Brazil's Hidden Beauty, Our National Parks' Lessons & more! - December 5th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Airbnb's New Look, The Best Time To Travel & More! - November 29th, 2016
- Travel Bites: The New Luxe AirBnb, A VAT Breakdown & More! - November 21st, 2016
- The Travel Bag: Skin’s Best Bets - October 24th, 2016
- 3 Luxe for Less Caribbean Getaways for Fall! - August 29th, 2016