For the new issue of Interview, Rihanna goes technicolor in the cover image. In the article, Kanye West chats with the Bajan superstar and Ri-Ri basically gets … Kanye’d. No really, below is an excerpt:
Kanye: So what inspired you to have that pink tank on your last tour? That was amazing, when you were sitting on top of the army tank.
Rihanna: I love to combine femininity with a kind of extreme masculine egde, and I felt like the tank is just not a typical thing that you think of when you think of a girl â€” or in any kind of relation to a girl. Then we made it hot pink. We just added that touch.
Kanye: I mean, people really need to see a photograph â€” the entire tank was pink. That was a great piece of commercial pop art. Was the idea of that to kind of portray an American Dream â€” like the fantasy of a this hot black girl sitting on a top of a pink tank?
Rihanna: I never actually thought of it like that.
Kanye: How does it feel to know that you could have any man in the world. Or woman. How does it feel to know that you can turn straight women gay?
Rihanna: Is that a real question?
Rihanna: Well â€¦ Thank you. I donâ€™t know how to feel about that. I guess thatâ€™s flattering.
Kanye: But just to have that level of power. How do deal with it? No one woman should have that much power.
Ha! And he managed to work in the name of one of his new songs into her interview. Oh ‘Ye.
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- The Travel Seven: Elmeka Henderson - December 6th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Brazil's Hidden Beauty, Our National Parks' Lessons & more! - December 5th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Airbnb's New Look, The Best Time To Travel & More! - November 29th, 2016
- Travel Bites: The New Luxe AirBnb, A VAT Breakdown & More! - November 21st, 2016
- The Travel Bag: Skin’s Best Bets - October 24th, 2016