With Thanksgiving right around the corner, we thought this would be the perfect time to introduce you to a new feature for Parlour, Midday Mixology. In the world of cocktails, there are bartenders and there are mixologists – and you can taste the difference by the cocktails that they make. For our first installment, we enlisted the Flatiron Lounge‘s Ryan McGrale of New York City (by way of Boston) to craft some fall cocktails for us, as well as break down a few key things in cocktail world so we can mix well home. We also invited some Parlour family to partake in the fun, because midday drinks with friends are always better, actually after the third drink we are all a bit more hilarious, you’ll see. Check out this “Warmer Days” cocktail, a spicy blend of Calvados & Champagne plus other handcrafted goodies – enjoy!
– 1 ½ oz Calvados
– ¾ oz Honey Syrup
– ½ oz Lemon Juice
– 1 bar spoon, Allspice Dram
Shake, strain over fresh ice in wine glass, top with Champagne
Garnish with cinnamon stick
ps. Ladies, do drink responsibly. No one likes a messy girl.
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Grenada! - January 22nd, 2017
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017
- Why Be Basic? 6 Ways To Be A Better Traveler - December 19th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Brazil's Hidden Beauty, Our National Parks' Lessons & more! - December 5th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Airbnb's New Look, The Best Time To Travel & More! - November 29th, 2016