Over the summer, Brazilian singer/actor Seu Jorge released his 5th studio album, a self-titled collaboration with producers Almaz. Just in time for the cold months, Jorge teamed with What Matters Most, Now Again records and director Kahlil Joseph to release two short films based on the project:
“The first Â – a one-take affair that follows Jorge as he weaves through a cliff-side mansion in the Hollywood Hills â€“ showcases three cover songs from the album (Roy Ayersâ€™ â€œEverybody Loves The Sunshine,â€ Martinho da Vila and JoÃ£o de Aquino’s â€œCirandarâ€ and Kraftwerkâ€™s â€œThe Modelâ€) and features the members of Almaz (Lucio Maia and Pupillo from stalwart Brazilian band NaÃ§Ã£o Zumbi), producer Mario C and keyboardist Money Mark.
In the second film â€“ an extended riff on â€œThe Modelâ€ which will premiere on IFC.com in late November 2010 – Â Jorge expresses to an unseen and – Â besides subtitles – unheard therapist the contents of a recurring dream: a woman – a model – taunts and arouses; comforts and scares; perplexes and completes him. He longs to return to slumber, to meet her yet again.”
Directed & Edited by Kahlil Joseph
Photography by Bradford Young
Music by Seu Jorge and Almaz
Produced by Omid Fatemi and Daniel Song for What Matters Most
Featuring music from the Now-Again Records album Seu Jorge and Almaz.
Peep the full first film below and check out the rest here.
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Grenada! - January 22nd, 2017
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017
- Why Be Basic? 6 Ways To Be A Better Traveler - December 19th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Brazil's Hidden Beauty, Our National Parks' Lessons & more! - December 5th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Airbnb's New Look, The Best Time To Travel & More! - November 29th, 2016