Now that the Lanvin for H&M collaboration is in stores around the globe, another high-end design house and mass retailer has decided to get in on the action.
American retailer The Gap and Italian legend Valentino have paired for a small (seven piece) collection which hit stores in London last weekend. Think The Gap’s utilitarian cargo/khaki/cotton staples meets Valentino’s ruffles and frills and that pretty much sums it up. The collection consists of a parka, sporting bows and ruffles, which is available in three styles: a jacket, a long-length parka and a cropped cut. Valentino x Gap also boasts cargo pants, a bow skirt, a classic heather tee and sweatshirt, all enhanced with Valentino’s signature ruffles.
At first glance, the design’s volume is a little overwhelming, but when paired with simpler pieces, the collection adds luxury to what would otherwise be very plain, everyday fabrics and styles.
The collection, designed by Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pier Paolo Piccioli who took over from Valentino Garavani in 2008, is based on iconic Gap pieces and also falls within (or pretty close to) current Gap prices. Mahogs, we need a in-person report asap.
Happy shopping London ladies!
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Travel Bites: Zika Virus 101, Rio Carnival & More! - January 31st, 2016
- Global Entry Denied? Appeal It! - January 23rd, 2016
- Travel Bites: Bali Tips, Status Matching, Packing Wins & More! - January 10th, 2016
- 3 Ways To Warm Up For MLK Weekend - January 6th, 2016
- Five Beachy Last Minute NYE Ideas to Love - December 26th, 2015