Last week, in addition to seeing our girl Malene Younglao in Philly (more on that later), I finally saw Atlanta-breed/Philly-based spoken-word artist turned emcee STS (Sugar Tongue Slim) rock live. You may recognize his slick, high-pitch from The Root’s latest release How I Got Over or copped his own mixtapes Demand More, Demand More 2 and Sole Music. Other than being one fourth of Philly’s Money Making Jam Boys with Black Thought, Truck North, and Dice Raw, it looks like STS will also be on Ski Beatz’s follow-up album to 2010’s 24 Hour Karate School with this preview of the track “Moon Walkin’.” We like. It’s official, Dame’s Blu Roc and DD172 space is the new Warhol factory for hip-hop. See for yourself after the click:
Props to Eskay.
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Giving Back and Getting More in Batey Guajabo - February 7th, 2017
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Grenada! - January 22nd, 2017
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017
- Why Be Basic? 6 Ways To Be A Better Traveler - December 19th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Brazil's Hidden Beauty, Our National Parks' Lessons & more! - December 5th, 2016