South London emcee Tinie Tempah popped up in New York City last night at the annual Roots/Okayplayer Holiday Jam, a nice look after winning at the MOBO awards over a month ago and being heralded as the next Dizzie Rascal of British urban music. Joined onstage by Chiddy Bang and backed by The Roots to perform his single “Pass Out,” it was funny to see the crowd struggle to figure out who he was, as he hasn’t crossed over the pond musically yet. One girl even attempted to google him mid-performance, bless her. Miss London already made her love for Tinie (born Patrick Okogwu) known, but after seeing him hold his own live on stage in front of a crowd of music industry darlings he should be making more noise stateside soon. See our Parlour TV exclusive of his performance, and his awesome pair of jodphurs, below. Enjoy ladies!
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017
- Why Be Basic? 6 Ways To Be A Better Traveler - December 19th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Brazil's Hidden Beauty, Our National Parks' Lessons & more! - December 5th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Airbnb's New Look, The Best Time To Travel & More! - November 29th, 2016
- Travel Bites: The New Luxe AirBnb, A VAT Breakdown & More! - November 21st, 2016