Unless you were under a rock yesterday, Lil Wayne’s first post-incarceration single, “6’7′” (featuring Cory Gunz) off of the upcoming Carter IV album dropped, blowing out a few speakers in the process. Listen/download here.
Across the pond in London, Das Racist was detained and then deported before they had the chance to play at Cargo nightclub as a part of their European tour. Insert ‘das racist!’ joke here. Read more about it over at Pitchfork.
Funk legend George Clinton is suing the Black Eyed Peas for copyright infringement after rejecting the bands request for sample use, which they used anyway. Read more about it here.
“Look at his age. He can barely hear you talk. How the hell could he hear Michael?”
Teddy Riley vs. Quincy Jones! The legacy of Michael Jackson brings out the best & worst in people. Riley had some harsh words for Quincy over the post-humus release by Jackson, read ’em here.
What do Alice Cooper, Tom Waits, Darlene Johnson, Dr. John and Neil Diamond all have in common? They are all being inducted in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in March of 2011. I have a bet to see who will have the most interesting acceptance speech…Alice or Tom? ArtsBeat has more deets.
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Travel Bites: Brazil's Hidden Beauty, Our National Parks' Lessons & more! - December 5th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Airbnb's New Look, The Best Time To Travel & More! - November 29th, 2016
- Travel Bites: The New Luxe AirBnb, A VAT Breakdown & More! - November 21st, 2016
- The Travel Bag: Skin’s Best Bets - October 24th, 2016
- 3 Luxe for Less Caribbean Getaways for Fall! - August 29th, 2016