Although I spent 90% of the year overseas, I did manage to have fun when I was American soil. During my two-week R&R in August I went to the west coast for the first time and I got bit by the Hollywood bug so I know I will going back there in the near future…as in NBA All Star Weekend next month near future. When I came back to America in November however, it wasn’t before long that I felt lost and helpless. I’ve been working as a supervisor and freelance journalist for nine months and now I’m home…bored out my mind.
So I got out the house and visited friends from the D.C., Maryland, Virgina (DMV) area all the way down to Florida. They were either graduating and getting ready to move on to the next chapter of life; or friends that were married with children and dealing with the daily challenges of being a mother and wife. It was actually a refreshing trip. After all that I wanted to end the year off right in New York City.
The tickets to the Prince concert were a bit steep so I scaled back for New Year’s Eve. I went to a masquerade party in Brooklyn and it was the most fun I had on NYE in some tine. I usually sleep through midnight so being awake and out the house was new for me. I even went along with the theme and got a mask. I was “Kitty” for the night. The DJ was on point and the crowd was fab. College educated, fashionable youth is a great ambiance. Except for the two girls fighting at the end of the night, I did say I was in Brooklyn.
Well that was my year in review. Next time I will give you my reflections and what I learned from in 2010 and what I strive for in 2011.Â Hope you Parlouristas brought in the new year right and have a safe and prosperous new year!
Last 5 posts by Soldier Girl
- 'Life, Love, Soul' Director And Cast Talk Integrity In Black Films - April 23rd, 2012
- Give The Gift Of Charity To Soldiers Around The World, Love Parlour's Soldier Girl - December 24th, 2011
- 'Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol': Tom Cruise, Paula Patton, Jeremy Renner are Action-Packed! - December 14th, 2011
- Veteran's Day: A Soldier's Civilian Life Isn't What She Expected - November 11th, 2011
- Eric Roberson Proves Nice Guys Finish First with 'Mr. Nice Guy' LP - October 20th, 2011