“Don’t talk about it, be about it.”
That phrase is tossed around by many a fly women in our lives, but only a select few actually live up to it. Enter two women that we love, Isis Adewale and Damali Elliot and the debut of their new non-profit organization, Petals-N-Belles. About the org:
“Petals-N-Belles, Inc. (PNB) founded in 2010 in response to the need of young women in our communities to be provided with more support, leadership and positive role models, is dedicated to providing young women, ages 12-22, with an authentic mentoring experience. Through mentorship and social guidance, PNB works to build and enhance the overall personal growth, individual development and well being of young women.
PNB has been designed to inspire, empower and cultivate young women, especially those in need. Through an innovative, tangible curriculum, PNB addresses the various facets of life and highlights the importance of self-esteem, personal values, sisterhood, community service, cultural awareness and education. PNB is committed to helping ourÂ young women discover their greatness, exercise their right to dream boldly, set goals and know they have the ability to achieve them.”
Tomorrow in NYC, they are hosting their first fundraiser. If you are in the area, put yourself on a $10 diet and attend and support with many like-minded Parlouristas who will be at the swanky Time Hotel. It will be a night celebrating the limitless possibilities for young womenâ€”see you there! See the above invite for more information.
Also, check out petalsnbelles.org
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017
- Why Be Basic? 6 Ways To Be A Better Traveler - December 19th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Brazil's Hidden Beauty, Our National Parks' Lessons & more! - December 5th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Airbnb's New Look, The Best Time To Travel & More! - November 29th, 2016
- Travel Bites: The New Luxe AirBnb, A VAT Breakdown & More! - November 21st, 2016