The Brits Awards, England’s version of the Grammy’s, went down last night and one of our favorites Adele took the stage. Performing a heart-felt version of “Someone Like You,” even the announcer described the song as a one-way ticket back to your last heartbreak. It’s the Wednesday after Valentine’s Day, so perfect timing for it right?
Last night, Adele was pulling for Mumford & Sons â€” aka one of the folk groups that played during the Grammy’s and confused everyone on our Twitter timeline. She told Absolute radio in the UK, â€œIâ€™m rooting for Mumford & Sons. I love everyone else but theyâ€™re my favourites. That Mumford record was me and my Exâ€™s album. If it wasnâ€™t for that album I donâ€™t think Iâ€™d be as emotionally drained as I am and not as emotionally exhausted and not been able to write this album. So Iâ€™ve got to be a bit thankful really cos itâ€™s doing really well!â€
Wherever your inspiration comes from, Adele, we applaud it here at Parlour.
Last 5 posts by Hillary aka Steely D
- DJ Kalkutta's 'Boy Talk': THROWBACK! - July 10th, 2011
- Marc Jacobs & Emily Browning in Black And White - June 24th, 2011
- Estelle Feels Up Omari Hardwick in 'Break My Heart' Clip - June 24th, 2011
- Gay Marriage Vote Delayed, Queen Latifah's Trainer & Kelly Rowland's Ab DVD, Casey Anthony Case, Christian Lacroix Re-Emerges, Lone Woman Charged for Rwandan Genocide - June 24th, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan Fails Drug Test, Hulu For Sale?, Global Fashion Week, U2 In-Fighting, Whitey Bulger Caught, Lil Wayne Covers XXL - June 23rd, 2011