It’s February 1st! Other than it being Tuesday, today also kicks off Black History Month here in the U.S. One whole month to celebrate the history and contributions that Black people (read, not just African-Americans) have made to this country and to celebrate the history of the African diaspora as a whole.
But why stop at a month in our respective countries? The history of Black people worldwide is history period, when we do well togetherâ€”we are celebrating our collective history while making new achievements in our own lives, countries, languages and communities. Parlour is Black History, published (almost) everyday to celebrate youâ€”yay us!
(Can you tell I’ve been watching OWN for hours straight?)
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Giving Back and Getting More in Batey Guajabo - February 7th, 2017
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Grenada! - January 22nd, 2017
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017
- Why Be Basic? 6 Ways To Be A Better Traveler - December 19th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Brazil's Hidden Beauty, Our National Parks' Lessons & more! - December 5th, 2016