It’s February 1st! Other than it being Tuesday, today also kicks off Black History Month here in the U.S. One whole month to celebrate the history and contributions that Black people (read, not just African-Americans) have made to this country and to celebrate the history of the African diaspora as a whole.
But why stop at a month in our respective countries? The history of Black people worldwide is history period, when we do well togetherâ€”we are celebrating our collective history while making new achievements in our own lives, countries, languages and communities. Parlour is Black History, published (almost) everyday to celebrate youâ€”yay us!
(Can you tell I’ve been watching OWN for hours straight?)
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Travel Bites: Zika Virus 101, Rio Carnival & More! - January 31st, 2016
- Global Entry Denied? Appeal It! - January 23rd, 2016
- Travel Bites: Bali Tips, Status Matching, Packing Wins & More! - January 10th, 2016
- 3 Ways To Warm Up For MLK Weekend - January 6th, 2016
- Five Beachy Last Minute NYE Ideas to Love - December 26th, 2015