Tonight is the supposed to be the night of love, but I think it can also be a great time for food! In celebration, and if you’re like me and still trying to figure out what to do, here are two tasty drink recipes featuring SKYY Vodka’s X-Rated Fusion Liqueur and accompanying FOODIE options so that you and your honey â€” or your girlfriends â€” can have a lovely and full evening.
First up is Shrimp Risotto with Tomatoes and Capers, which you can pair with a drink called Passion Punch. I tinkered with this recipe back in 2009 and to quote myself, it was “delicious, like really good.” But don’t be like me, make sure your dinner guest doesn’t have shrimp allergies so you almost kill them …
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: about 45 mins
Yields: 4-5 servings
- 5 cups canned low-salt chicken broth
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups medium-grain white rice
- 1/2 pitted diced tomato
- 1 jar of capers
- lemon juice to taste
- lemon pepper to taste
*youâ€™ll need three saucepans/ skillets
Bring broth and 1/4 cup wine to simmer in medium saucepan. Reduce heat; keep hot.
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in medium skillet over medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon garlic and crushed red pepper, then shrimp. SautÃ© until shrimp begin to turn pink, about 2 minutes. Add remaining 1/2 cup wine. Simmer until shrimp are just cooked through, about 2 minutes. Drain shrimp, reserving cooking liquid.
Melt remaining 4 tablespoons butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and remaining 1 teaspoon garlic; sautÃ© until onion is pale golden, about 4 minutes. Add rice and stir to coat, about 2 minutes. Add 2 cups broth mixture. Simmer until liquid is absorbed, stirring often. Continue adding broth mixture 1 cup at a time, stirring often and simmering until liquid is absorbed before adding more, about 20 minutes. Stir in reserved shrimp cooking liquid. Cook until rice is just tender and mixture is creamy, about 5 minutes longer. Remove from heat.
Stir shrimp, tomatoes, lemon juice and lemon pepper into risotto. Season risotto to taste.
2 parts X-Rated Fusion Liqueur
1 parts SKYY Infusions Passion Fruit
0.5 parts Passion Fruit or Mango Puree (or orange juice)
Top with Champagne, serve in a flute.
For the second recipe, there’s never a bad time for chocolate, especially if it’s on your dinner, right? So I found this Chocolate Chicken Mole recipe for you, don’t be scared by the long list of ingredients, it’s not supposed to take too long to prepare. You’ll most likely spend the bulk of your time prepping the parts, but I paired this meal with a simple drink. Too many flavors can overload the palette, so try the Dean’s wife with your chocolate fantasy.
Cook Time: 15 mins
Yields: 4-6 servings
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 medium onion, chopped
* 3 garlic cloves, minced
* 1 chipotle pepper with 1 teaspoon adobo sauce from can (or more to taste), chopped
* 1 cup raisins
* 2 cups canned chopped tomatoes
* 3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
* 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
* 2 teaspoons chili powder
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 1 1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate (or 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder)
* 1 rotisserie chicken, meat removed and shredded (skin and bones discarded)
* 1/4 cup roughly chopped peanuts, for garnish
* 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, for garnish
* 1 orange, zested, for garnish
* Fresh cilantro, for serving
* Lime wedges, for serving
* 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced, for serving
* Flour tortillas, for serving
Place a pot over medium heat and coat with the oil. Add the onion and garlic, stirring to soften for 5 minutes. Add the chipotle with adobo, raisins, and tomatoes, stirring to combine. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
Carefully pour the mixture into a blender. Add the peanut butter, broth, chili powder, and cinnamon. Puree the mixture until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
Return the mixture to the pot over medium heat. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the chocolate and stir until melted. Add the shredded chicken and heat through.
Transfer the mole to a serving dish and garnish with peanuts, sesame seeds, and orange zest. Serve with cilantro, lime, avocado, and tortillas.
The Deanâ€™s Wife
2 oz. X-Rated Fusion Liqueur
lemon-lime or club soda
Lots of ice
Enjoy and let me know how these work out for you!
Last 5 posts by Hillary aka Steely D
- DJ Kalkutta's 'Boy Talk': THROWBACK! - July 10th, 2011
- Marc Jacobs & Emily Browning in Black And White - June 24th, 2011
- Estelle Feels Up Omari Hardwick in 'Break My Heart' Clip - June 24th, 2011
- Gay Marriage Vote Delayed, Queen Latifah's Trainer & Kelly Rowland's Ab DVD, Casey Anthony Case, Christian Lacroix Re-Emerges, Lone Woman Charged for Rwandan Genocide - June 24th, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan Fails Drug Test, Hulu For Sale?, Global Fashion Week, U2 In-Fighting, Whitey Bulger Caught, Lil Wayne Covers XXL - June 23rd, 2011