There are a few actresses I feel embody Parlour‘s ethos and Rashida Jones is absolutely one of them. She’s smart, sexy, well-traveled and has a well-balanced musical background, but nothing about her seems pretentious. I love that, plus she’s got a great sense of humor proven on “Parks & Recreation” â€” which I caught up on during my recent jury duty stint *fistpump* â€” and now she’s trying her dramatic acting chops in the indie film, Monogamy. The movie trails an engaged couple who haven’t slept together and so the husband looks elsewhere and … enter the drama.
Full disclosure, I haven’t seen this flick yet but it won an Spirit Award for Best First Screenplay so I’ll give it a try. Ms. Jones recently spoke with ELLE magazine about the film and whether she’ll ever make an album, considering she’s been around the music business her whole life thanks to her dad, Quincy Jones …
â€œThereâ€™s definitely a dream scenario for me where Iâ€™d lock myself in a room for six months with great musicians and come up with something, just for me. I donâ€™t want to be an artist, go on tour and make a video and wear sexy clothes. I would just love to make music. Until I can commit myself fully and singularlyâ€”and Iâ€™m always multitaskingâ€”I donâ€™t really want to do it in a public way. I have a deep respect for music, probably because of my family situation.”
Monogamy opened on March 11 and hits more theaters on March 18.
Last 5 posts by Hillary aka Steely D
- DJ Kalkutta's 'Boy Talk': THROWBACK! - July 10th, 2011
- Marc Jacobs & Emily Browning in Black And White - June 24th, 2011
- Estelle Feels Up Omari Hardwick in 'Break My Heart' Clip - June 24th, 2011
- Gay Marriage Vote Delayed, Queen Latifah's Trainer & Kelly Rowland's Ab DVD, Casey Anthony Case, Christian Lacroix Re-Emerges, Lone Woman Charged for Rwandan Genocide - June 24th, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan Fails Drug Test, Hulu For Sale?, Global Fashion Week, U2 In-Fighting, Whitey Bulger Caught, Lil Wayne Covers XXL - June 23rd, 2011