Happy Earth Day ladies! Question: how long are your showers? Um, I won’t even cop to mine when I’m washing my afro … However actresses Tika Sumpter, of “The Game,” and Amy Smart, of “Shameless” are encouraging us to minimize our daily operation. Check out these facts:
• The average consumer takes a 10-minute long shower – 67% of
consumers polled admit to spending a maximum of 10 minutes in the
• The average shower head uses 7 gallons of water per minute, that’s 35
gallons of water for every 5 minutes**
• By cutting shower time to just three minutes the average person would
save nearly 50 gallons of water with each shower!
Now while I’m not so sure how practical this move is, I do love Mother Earth so I’ll try it (when I’m not washing my hair) … Are you in?
Last 5 posts by Hillary aka Steely D
- DJ Kalkutta's 'Boy Talk': THROWBACK! - July 10th, 2011
- Marc Jacobs & Emily Browning in Black And White - June 24th, 2011
- Estelle Feels Up Omari Hardwick in 'Break My Heart' Clip - June 24th, 2011
- Gay Marriage Vote Delayed, Queen Latifah's Trainer & Kelly Rowland's Ab DVD, Casey Anthony Case, Christian Lacroix Re-Emerges, Lone Woman Charged for Rwandan Genocide - June 24th, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan Fails Drug Test, Hulu For Sale?, Global Fashion Week, U2 In-Fighting, Whitey Bulger Caught, Lil Wayne Covers XXL - June 23rd, 2011