It takes a lot to challenge the “standard” in our society, especially since what is actually normal and what is the “industry standard” rarely meet. Our resident rockstar, Malene Younglao is making her first major video debut for her single “Miss America” today and we’re some proud mamas in Parlour land. Shot in her homebase of Brooklyn, “Miss America” takes us on a day-in-the-life journey through her dreams and her reality, demonstrating that everyone has to start somewhere. Along the way we meet other women who buck the standard of what is is to be “Miss America” and prove that you can’t put all of us into one box. Enjoy below!
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Travel Bites: Brazil's Hidden Beauty, Our National Parks' Lessons & more! - December 5th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Airbnb's New Look, The Best Time To Travel & More! - November 29th, 2016
- Travel Bites: The New Luxe AirBnb, A VAT Breakdown & More! - November 21st, 2016
- The Travel Bag: Skin’s Best Bets - October 24th, 2016
- 3 Luxe for Less Caribbean Getaways for Fall! - August 29th, 2016