It takes a lot to challenge the “standard” in our society, especially since what is actually normal and what is the “industry standard” rarely meet. Our resident rockstar, Malene Younglao is making her first major video debut for her single “Miss America” today and we’re some proud mamas in Parlour land. Shot in her homebase of Brooklyn, “Miss America” takes us on a day-in-the-life journey through her dreams and her reality, demonstrating that everyone has to start somewhere. Along the way we meet other women who buck the standard of what is is to be “Miss America” and prove that you can’t put all of us into one box. Enjoy below!
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Travel Bites: Zika Virus 101, Rio Carnival & More! - January 31st, 2016
- Global Entry Denied? Appeal It! - January 23rd, 2016
- Travel Bites: Bali Tips, Status Matching, Packing Wins & More! - January 10th, 2016
- 3 Ways To Warm Up For MLK Weekend - January 6th, 2016
- Five Beachy Last Minute NYE Ideas to Love - December 26th, 2015