I ain’t too prude to get nude … The pros of the nude nail may be too obvious for some; an easy-to-wear colour for everyone that matches all of your outfits. Woohoo! However, the neutralness of a nude can also be a little too “safe” by some fashionistas. Well, if rocking nudes makes me too safe, then just call me vanilla. The inoffensive, goes-with-most-desserts ice cream flavour isn’t popular for no reason.
Like the creamy dessert, nudes stand out without overpowering your main outfit. The colour makes a great accessory (or side dish … ) and if you do want to make a statement with it, you can. I look for nudes that are milky in texture as well as a few shades lighter than my own skin tone so my nails will stand out.
Speaking of, here are a few nude picks for your talons this Spring!:
OPI’s Tickle My France-y: A grayed out nude pink, that’s subtle, sophisticated and totally yummy. I also love the name.
Rescue Beauty Lounge’s Opaque Nude: A milky, beige hue that definitely stands out.
Jessica’s Beautiful: A translucent pink shade which looks equally as good worn as part of a French manicure or on its own.
OPI’s Chocolate Moose: A sweet candy brown that blends almost invisibly with darker skin tones.
Last 5 posts by Parlour
- Travel Bites: LGBT Loving Locales, Embracing Strangers & More! - September 17th, 2016
- The Travel Seven: Bianca Malata - September 17th, 2016
- A Tour of Morocco's Magic - September 6th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Silk Road Eats, Vacation Home Tips & more! - September 6th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Ecuador Needs The Love, Avoiding Vacay Gains & More! - August 7th, 2016