Beyoncé’s interview with Brit journo Piers Morgan was actually a good time. The hour long sit-down aired on CNN from a studio in London and, aside from Piers’ occasional butt-kissing, it really seemed like a non-robotic conversation. My favorite part was when she talked about how her mother taught her humility as a teenager — with a slap across the face.
“I remember when we [Destiny’s Child] first had our record on the radio and [my mother and I] were in a record store and I started singing [because I didn’t want to hear what she had to say] …. I thought I was hot and she smacked the crap out of me and sent me to the car,” Beyoncé recalled, with a laugh. “She said ‘I don’t care what song you have on the radio, you are still on my child and you will respect me.’ I never forgot that.”
What? Lay it down Tina Knowles, keep those kids in line! Anyway, watch the interview below. Enjoy!
Last 5 posts by Hillary Crosley
- Flying With Kids: The Good, The Bad, The Body Fluids - December 22nd, 2016
- Here's How Not to Ride a Bike in Amsterdam - October 24th, 2016
- Parlour Jams!: Hawaii's Golden Sunsets With DJ Darling Chuck - July 23rd, 2015
- Parlour Jams!: Morning Moves With DJ Heat - June 23rd, 2015
- Your Weekend Getaway in...Houston! - April 30th, 2015