I’m not one of those hating on the BET Awards just because it’s BET. If the awards show is well executed and engaging, then I give props where they are due. So what’d I think?
The 2011 BET Awards were good, with the exception of Alicia Key’s fuzzy ponytail/ unexplainable Rick Ross duet, Big Sean almost touching himself and Chris Brown’s Who Framed Roger Rabbit? pant suit, followed by an even more suspect onesie. Also, why did Drake only perform once, despite him lyrics flying around in other people’s performances? I know folks were upset that Beyoncé’s performance was filmed earlier and streamed but … as I said on @ParlourMagazine last night, if she didn’t perform, we would’ve been upset about that too. So, I’ll give BET slack because technically Bey still performed.
Now, let’s get into a few folks that I thought were dressed well … and those who I just enjoy (see: Cee-Lo above).
Love Wiz and Amber Rose’s romance, I’ll even forgive their making out during the Patti LaBelle tribute, but what does she have on? Why was everyone wearing a onesie/ unitard last night?
Last 5 posts by Hillary Crosley
- Parlour Jams!: Hawaii's Golden Sunsets With DJ Darling Chuck - July 23rd, 2015
- Parlour Jams!: Morning Moves With DJ Heat - June 23rd, 2015
- Your Weekend Getaway in...Houston! - April 30th, 2015
- Listen to DJ Kwest_on's Romantic Grooves and Survive Wedding Season - April 14th, 2015
- Couple Tripping: Where to Turn Down Together, for Your Sanity - March 26th, 2015