Here’s Lil Wayne‘s stab at pop music with soft guitars with “How to Love.” Yeah, it’s not my favorite either because a) I want him to rap b) He sounds like he’s growling c) It can’t hold a candle to something like this. That said, I really like the “How To Love” video, even though it confuses me. Is the baby the girl at the end? How do the life paths change to make the ending different? Her mother moved in with her own mom? #confused You tell me ladies …
Also, here’s Curren$y‘s newest tape with DJ Drama entitled Verde Terrace and I have to say, I really like it. Usually when people rap over Outkast beats, I automatically hate but Shante does his thing. Elsewhere, Big K.R.I.T. released another tape quietly called Last King 2 with DJ Breakemoff (great name, btw) and our pal Wally Sparks. Naturally, I’m sure I’ll approve even though I haven’t listened to the whole thing yet. Maybe I should stop spinning the Ferrari Boyz? Do yourself a favor and listen to my favorite song “Cruise Control” featuring the adorable Mike Jagger.
Last 5 posts by Hillary Crosley
- Here's How Not to Ride a Bike in Amsterdam - October 24th, 2016
- Parlour Jams!: Hawaii's Golden Sunsets With DJ Darling Chuck - July 23rd, 2015
- Parlour Jams!: Morning Moves With DJ Heat - June 23rd, 2015
- Your Weekend Getaway in...Houston! - April 30th, 2015
- Listen to DJ Kwest_on's Romantic Grooves and Survive Wedding Season - April 14th, 2015