“Seventy years ago this ordinary series of events took an unlikely turn. That was because the beautiful woman was black; the photographer was her lover Man Ray; and one of the photographs landed in the September 1937 issue of Harper’s Bazaar, making her the first black model to appear in a major fashion magazine.”
She was Adrienne Fidelin. While the fashion world is currently winding down on the season of international fashion weeks, let’s take a look at one woman from Guadalupe who made history for women of color worldwide. Read more about Adrienne here and here.
But this still won’t make me stop from canceling my subscription to Bazaar … I’m moving on to Elle.
ps. I told you about Elle …
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- 3 Luxe for Less Caribbean Getaways for Fall! - August 29th, 2016
- Carnival Virgin? What To Know Before You Go! - August 14th, 2016
- Get On Your Game At Club Med Sandpiper Bay - May 29th, 2016
- Three Spring Hotel Deals To Book Now! - April 1st, 2016
- Travel Bites: Luxe for Less Hotels, TSA Steps Up & More! - March 13th, 2016