“Seventy years ago this ordinary series of events took an unlikely turn. That was because the beautiful woman was black; the photographer was her lover Man Ray; and one of the photographs landed in the September 1937 issue of Harper’s Bazaar, making her the first black model to appear in a major fashion magazine.”
She was Adrienne Fidelin. While the fashion world is currently winding down on the season of international fashion weeks, let’s take a look at one woman from Guadalupe who made history for women of color worldwide. Read more about Adrienne here and here.
But this still won’t make me stop from canceling my subscription to Bazaar … I’m moving on to Elle.
ps. I told you about Elle …
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- The Ultimate Trinidad Carnival / Crop Over Packing List - December 2nd, 2018
- The 17 Things We Can't Travel Without In 2018! - December 23rd, 2017
- Hotel Love: The Zen Oasis @ Club Med Punta Cana - March 15th, 2017
- Giving Back and Getting More in Batey Guajabo - February 7th, 2017
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Grenada! - January 22nd, 2017