You’ve got to find what you love … the only way to do great work is to love what you do. – Steve Jobs
Last night, news hit Twitter (of course … ) that Apple’s founder Steve Jobs passed away. The man was a genius, creating the personal computer in his parent’s garage. After he was let go from Apple, the company he started, he bought and expanded Pixar which produced Toy Story, Wall-E and more and went on to change how you and I listen to music. He even had epic corporate battles with the music industry, most specifically Universal’s previous head honcho Doug Morris over iTunes prices which changed the landscape of music sales both digitally and physically. His product presentations were legendary and literally shut down the web when it was time for a new Apple gagdet show … and I’m not even an Apple fanboy!
Steve Jobs was pretty amazing and he will definitely be missed, if only for the next innovation on my laptop. Hell, I didn’t even know the guy personally and I’m genuinely sad as I type this. What the hell is that about? Ehn … Check out a commencement speech Jobs gave at Stanford University in 2005, it was definitely encouraging and even more so now, given his passing.
Last 5 posts by Hillary Crosley
- Parlour Jams!: Hawaii's Golden Sunsets With DJ Darling Chuck - July 23rd, 2015
- Parlour Jams!: Morning Moves With DJ Heat - June 23rd, 2015
- Your Weekend Getaway in...Houston! - April 30th, 2015
- Listen to DJ Kwest_on's Romantic Grooves and Survive Wedding Season - April 14th, 2015
- Couple Tripping: Where to Turn Down Together, for Your Sanity - March 26th, 2015