I could launch into an endless tirade about how Big Sean’s latest video for “Dance (A$$) Remix” feat. Nicki Minaj is completely objectifying and only adds to the problem of how women of color are portrayed in pop culture and the media … but I won’t because a) I dropped it to this very song (like Nicki) over the weekend at a party and b) I can’t take any man who wears leather t-shirts and blows on his pinky rings too seriously.
Meanwhile in L.A., Syd the Kid & Matt Martian of Odd Future’s side project The Internet is awesome in theory. I’m not the biggest OFWGKTA fan at all, but I was impressed with her beat-making skills. Still, her idea of a great date kinda gradually starts to suck as it involves a trip to the carnival (ok good), snuggles and rides (nice) and then some lines of cocaine, dropping ecstasy and sparking up a bowl and throwing me out of the car if I can’t handle a potentially life threatening combo of drugs. OK. Shock value to keep up with her crew maybe or just good for SEO business? Storyline aside, it’s a good visual directed by Matt Alonzo.
Check out both videos below and remember to just say no:
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- 3 Luxe for Less Caribbean Getaways for Fall! - August 29th, 2016
- Carnival Virgin? What To Know Before You Go! - August 14th, 2016
- Get On Your Game At Club Med Sandpiper Bay - May 29th, 2016
- Three Spring Hotel Deals To Book Now! - April 1st, 2016
- Travel Bites: Luxe for Less Hotels, TSA Steps Up & More! - March 13th, 2016