If you saw our coverage of the UK Launch of Helen Jennings’ New African Fashion, you probably wondered when the party was going to come state-side. Well lucky for our New York City Parlouristas, Jennings, along with the ladies of Mataano, designer Mimi Plange and the legendary Bethann Hardison will be discussing the book and the role of African fashion and talent globally at the New York Public Library on Wednesday November 30th from 6-8pm. Helen will be presenting the history and future of African fashion, plus highlighting key images from the book. Enyinne Owunwanne of African fashion website Heritage 1960 will moderate the discussion.
Be sure to check out our exclusive interview with the Helen here. Enjoy!
New York Public Library, Stephen A. Schwarzman Building, Margaret Liebman Berger Forum
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street
New York, NY 10018-2788
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Grenada! - January 22nd, 2017
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017
- Why Be Basic? 6 Ways To Be A Better Traveler - December 19th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Brazil's Hidden Beauty, Our National Parks' Lessons & more! - December 5th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Airbnb's New Look, The Best Time To Travel & More! - November 29th, 2016