Good Morning ladies! Remember the late eighties/early nineties when video girls came in all colors, wore (now) questionable but not booty-revealing clothes and guys who could really dance were the coolest ones at the party? Heavy D was all of that and more—he could rhyme, produce, dance, and talked about women in a way that made you feel sexy and confident…like “yeah, I want a guy to talk to me like THAT.” And if you listen closely, he rarely cursed. His 1989 track “Somebody for Me” has been my go-to jam for as long as I can remember, peep Heavy D and The Boyz (Eddie F, Trouble T-Roy (RIP) and G-Whiz) plus a really young Al. B. Sure with his future baby mama Kim Porter in the screenshot above. Reminisce and celebrate the life of Heavy D this morning by a good four minutes of the running-man and body moving.
Rest in peace Dwight “Heavy D” Myers, we’ll miss you. Video below:
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- 3 Luxe for Less Caribbean Getaways for Fall! - August 29th, 2016
- Carnival Virgin? What To Know Before You Go! - August 14th, 2016
- Get On Your Game At Club Med Sandpiper Bay - May 29th, 2016
- Three Spring Hotel Deals To Book Now! - April 1st, 2016
- Travel Bites: Luxe for Less Hotels, TSA Steps Up & More! - March 13th, 2016