Good Morning ladies! Remember the late eighties/early nineties when video girls came in all colors, wore (now) questionable but not booty-revealing clothes and guys who could really dance were the coolest ones at the party? Heavy D was all of that and more—he could rhyme, produce, dance, and talked about women in a way that made you feel sexy and confident…like “yeah, I want a guy to talk to me like THAT.” And if you listen closely, he rarely cursed. His 1989 track “Somebody for Me” has been my go-to jam for as long as I can remember, peep Heavy D and The Boyz (Eddie F, Trouble T-Roy (RIP) and G-Whiz) plus a really young Al. B. Sure with his future baby mama Kim Porter in the screenshot above. Reminisce and celebrate the life of Heavy D this morning by a good four minutes of the running-man and body moving.
Rest in peace Dwight “Heavy D” Myers, we’ll miss you. Video below:
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Hotel Love: The Zen Oasis @ Club Med Punta Cana - March 15th, 2017
- Giving Back and Getting More in Batey Guajabo - February 7th, 2017
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Grenada! - January 22nd, 2017
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017
- Why Be Basic? 6 Ways To Be A Better Traveler - December 19th, 2016