Whenever I hear or see Herman Cain speak, I always wonder if he really is Clarence Thomas’ ratchety older brother who shares a passion for a little sexual harassment after coffee. Well, as The New York Times reported this morning — maybe I’m not that far off.
“The exchange between Mr. Cain and a supporter was caught on tape by a Fox News camera at a campaign stop in Kalamazoo, Mich. It first aired Thursday night on the network’s “Special Report” program.
According to the video, a person in the crowd mentioned Ms. Hill to Mr. Cain, who responded, jokingly, “Is she going to endorse me?” prompting laughter.”
*Smacks self on forehead*
For a man whose current sexual harassement accusations and settlements are on full blast, any jokes about Anita Hill — whose solid allegations of sexual misconduct by the then Supreme Court nominee Clarence Thomas defined the idea of sexual harassement in the nineties and influenced workplace policy — should be avoided like the plague. Word to Virginia.
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Travel Bites: Brazil's Hidden Beauty, Our National Parks' Lessons & more! - December 5th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Airbnb's New Look, The Best Time To Travel & More! - November 29th, 2016
- Travel Bites: The New Luxe AirBnb, A VAT Breakdown & More! - November 21st, 2016
- The Travel Bag: Skin’s Best Bets - October 24th, 2016
- 3 Luxe for Less Caribbean Getaways for Fall! - August 29th, 2016