Whenever I hear or see Herman Cain speak, I always wonder if he really is Clarence Thomas’ ratchety older brother who shares a passion for a little sexual harassment after coffee. Well, as The New York Times reported this morning — maybe I’m not that far off.
“The exchange between Mr. Cain and a supporter was caught on tape by a Fox News camera at a campaign stop in Kalamazoo, Mich. It first aired Thursday night on the network’s “Special Report” program.
According to the video, a person in the crowd mentioned Ms. Hill to Mr. Cain, who responded, jokingly, “Is she going to endorse me?” prompting laughter.”
*Smacks self on forehead*
For a man whose current sexual harassement accusations and settlements are on full blast, any jokes about Anita Hill — whose solid allegations of sexual misconduct by the then Supreme Court nominee Clarence Thomas defined the idea of sexual harassement in the nineties and influenced workplace policy — should be avoided like the plague. Word to Virginia.
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Travel Bites: Zika Virus 101, Rio Carnival & More! - January 31st, 2016
- Global Entry Denied? Appeal It! - January 23rd, 2016
- Travel Bites: Bali Tips, Status Matching, Packing Wins & More! - January 10th, 2016
- 3 Ways To Warm Up For MLK Weekend - January 6th, 2016
- Five Beachy Last Minute NYE Ideas to Love - December 26th, 2015