Since we’re on a mental and physical vacation this week — I’m in Connecticut, Shannon’s in New Jersey, then London and Paris, and Sherry’s in Adele’s favorite city — we’re serving up Parlour’s Best of 2011! Each day this week, you’ll get a chance to reminisce on what made us all laugh, cry and suck our teeth during the last 12 months. I dug up a few of our faves! Ready?
So it goes like this … Three girls release an EP featuring three songs. Within several months, they attract Twitter love from Questlove, Foreign Exchange and Erykah Badu, plus meet with Prince after his show in North Carolina, where his purple majesty schools them on life as a musician. Eventually, he invites the trio to open for him at the Los Angeles venue, The Forum.
Three girls. Three songs. One hell of a story.
Anita Bias and twin sisters Amber and Paris Strother comprise the Los Angeles-based trio KING. Shortly after releasing their EP The Story, the girls began a journey that they themselves still can’t believe. Here at Parlour, after sitting on the EP for a few days (we’re some selfish girls, we know), we found ourselves grooving to their signature harmonies and Paris’ futuresoul production so we shared ‘The Story,’ ‘Supernatural’ and ‘Hey’ with you ladies.
Last 5 posts by Hillary Crosley
- Parlour Jams!: Hawaii's Golden Sunsets With DJ Darling Chuck - July 23rd, 2015
- Parlour Jams!: Morning Moves With DJ Heat - June 23rd, 2015
- Your Weekend Getaway in...Houston! - April 30th, 2015
- Listen to DJ Kwest_on's Romantic Grooves and Survive Wedding Season - April 14th, 2015
- Couple Tripping: Where to Turn Down Together, for Your Sanity - March 26th, 2015