Need some new musical motivation for your work out? BBC Radio 1xtra’s DJ Edu never disappoints with his show that features the hottest sounds from the continent and centers around Afrobeats, the fastest growing African musical genre. Top Afrobeats artists include Nigeria’s D’Banj (who signed to Kanye’s G.O.O.D. music label), Ghana’s Sarkodie and Black Coffee from South Africa. Even more important than the music however, is how to move to the rhythm. A simple whine of the waist just won’t do — because you might get donkey kicked. See what I mean when DJ Edu and London’s CEO dancers break down the newest Afrobeats dance moves in the BBC offices. Shout out to the Edu’s coworkers in the background who clearly aren’t getting on the dance floor.
This is my/Charlene’s old recording studio, lol. World = small. – Hills
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Grenada! - January 22nd, 2017
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017
- Why Be Basic? 6 Ways To Be A Better Traveler - December 19th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Brazil's Hidden Beauty, Our National Parks' Lessons & more! - December 5th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Airbnb's New Look, The Best Time To Travel & More! - November 29th, 2016