Need some new musical motivation for your work out? BBC Radio 1xtra’s DJ Edu never disappoints with his show that features the hottest sounds from the continent and centers around Afrobeats, the fastest growing African musical genre. Top Afrobeats artists include Nigeria’s D’Banj (who signed to Kanye’s G.O.O.D. music label), Ghana’s Sarkodie and Black Coffee from South Africa. Even more important than the music however, is how to move to the rhythm. A simple whine of the waist just won’t do — because you might get donkey kicked. See what I mean when DJ Edu and London’s CEO dancers break down the newest Afrobeats dance moves in the BBC offices. Shout out to the Edu’s coworkers in the background who clearly aren’t getting on the dance floor.
This is my/Charlene’s old recording studio, lol. World = small. – Hills
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- The Ultimate Trinidad Carnival / Crop Over Packing List - December 2nd, 2018
- The 17 Things We Can't Travel Without In 2018! - December 23rd, 2017
- Hotel Love: The Zen Oasis @ Club Med Punta Cana - March 15th, 2017
- Giving Back and Getting More in Batey Guajabo - February 7th, 2017
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Grenada! - January 22nd, 2017