Mulled Wine. For those of you familiar with the drink, images of old-English snowy fields and garlands may come to mind. Or if you are like me, you pretend that you are the lone black character in the Game of Thrones series, sharing a glass with Eddard Stark and plotting a takeover. Fantasy or fiction, mulled wine is a holiday staple, but it doesn’t mean that you have to pack it up after the New Year. Simply put, it’s cold and mulled wine is warm, extremely easy to make and a great way to make use of that cheap-ass red wine you received as a housewarming gift a few years ago. I’ve also nursed a glass while suffering a cold before bedtime to good results.
See below for one of the easiest recipes courtesy of The Food Network and make a glass of warm-goodness today for yourself and a few friends:
You will need:
Combine ingredients in a large pot and bring to a simmer. Do not allow mixture to boil. Heat for 20 minutes and serve in a large, heat resistant punch bowl. Serves 10ppl.
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Hotel Love: The Zen Oasis @ Club Med Punta Cana - March 15th, 2017
- Giving Back and Getting More in Batey Guajabo - February 7th, 2017
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Grenada! - January 22nd, 2017
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017
- Why Be Basic? 6 Ways To Be A Better Traveler - December 19th, 2016