Mulled Wine. For those of you familiar with the drink, images of old-English snowy fields and garlands may come to mind. Or if you are like me, you pretend that you are the lone black character in the Game of Thrones series, sharing a glass with Eddard Stark and plotting a takeover. Fantasy or fiction, mulled wine is a holiday staple, but it doesn’t mean that you have to pack it up after the New Year. Simply put, it’s cold and mulled wine is warm, extremely easy to make and a great way to make use of that cheap-ass red wine you received as a housewarming gift a few years ago. I’ve also nursed a glass while suffering a cold before bedtime to good results.
See below for one of the easiest recipes courtesy of The Food Network and make a glass of warm-goodness today for yourself and a few friends:
You will need:
Combine ingredients in a large pot and bring to a simmer. Do not allow mixture to boil. Heat for 20 minutes and serve in a large, heat resistant punch bowl. Serves 10ppl.
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- 3 Luxe for Less Caribbean Getaways for Fall! - August 29th, 2016
- Carnival Virgin? What To Know Before You Go! - August 14th, 2016
- Get On Your Game At Club Med Sandpiper Bay - May 29th, 2016
- Three Spring Hotel Deals To Book Now! - April 1st, 2016
- Travel Bites: Luxe for Less Hotels, TSA Steps Up & More! - March 13th, 2016