Sometimes I forget that I’m a hipster. Blipster? I get so busy thinking about careers, relationships, 401ks … grad school that I forget my previous affinity for all things Santigold and American Apparrell. Thankfully the Philadelphia native-Brooklyn transplant released a new video for “Big Mouth” featuring her emotionless background dancers, which I’d still love to join. Santigold uses the offbeat production of Switch and Burka Som System and some kid’s coloring book mixed in with pop art to get the job done in this clip. I also notice that even she’s grown up a bit and is wearing a form fitting Tina Turner-ish dress. Go ‘head Santi!
Does “Big Mouth” make me want to play it everyday for five hours? Not yet, but I am jamming on my laptop right now. Santi’s “Big Mouth” feels like a big hug from my creative side. Thanks, girl.
Watch the clip below and tell me what you think:
Last 5 posts by Hillary Crosley
- Parlour Jams!: Hawaii's Golden Sunsets With DJ Darling Chuck - July 23rd, 2015
- Parlour Jams!: Morning Moves With DJ Heat - June 23rd, 2015
- Your Weekend Getaway in...Houston! - April 30th, 2015
- Listen to DJ Kwest_on's Romantic Grooves and Survive Wedding Season - April 14th, 2015
- Couple Tripping: Where to Turn Down Together, for Your Sanity - March 26th, 2015