New York based fans of Nigerian-born designer Duro Olowu’s bright silks and eye-catching prints are getting lucky for Fashion Week. The designer has partnered with Salon 94 to present ‘Material,’ a pop-up shop inspired by the material that shapes his collections, as well as additional objects such as jewels, furniture, drawings and photographs. To get a glimpse into his creative process and inspire his fans to discover something new, Olowu has assembled a variety or objects from global artisans such as Ghana’s Paa Joe, artist Lorna Simpson and portraits by Malian photographer Hamidou Maiga to present what he calls a “visual feast.” Olowu’s pop-up show is at Salon 94 Freemans in Freeman’s Alley through March 4th.
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- 3 Luxe for Less Caribbean Getaways for Fall! - August 29th, 2016
- Carnival Virgin? What To Know Before You Go! - August 14th, 2016
- Get On Your Game At Club Med Sandpiper Bay - May 29th, 2016
- Three Spring Hotel Deals To Book Now! - April 1st, 2016
- Travel Bites: Luxe for Less Hotels, TSA Steps Up & More! - March 13th, 2016