New York based fans of Nigerian-born designer Duro Olowu’s bright silks and eye-catching prints are getting lucky for Fashion Week. The designer has partnered with Salon 94 to present ‘Material,’ a pop-up shop inspired by the material that shapes his collections, as well as additional objects such as jewels, furniture, drawings and photographs. To get a glimpse into his creative process and inspire his fans to discover something new, Olowu has assembled a variety or objects from global artisans such as Ghana’s Paa Joe, artist Lorna Simpson and portraits by Malian photographer Hamidou Maiga to present what he calls a “visual feast.” Olowu’s pop-up show is at Salon 94 Freemans in Freeman’s Alley through March 4th.
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017
- Why Be Basic? 6 Ways To Be A Better Traveler - December 19th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Brazil's Hidden Beauty, Our National Parks' Lessons & more! - December 5th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Airbnb's New Look, The Best Time To Travel & More! - November 29th, 2016
- Travel Bites: The New Luxe AirBnb, A VAT Breakdown & More! - November 21st, 2016