Hello. My name is Kerry Washington, who you might know from blockbusters like She Hate Me, For Colored Girls, Fantastic Four and that Common video. I’m also the March 2012 cover girl of what just may be the most boring cover of Essence Magazine ever. Surrounded in a sea of blue-studio abyss I’m giving you some serious suburban-bedroom realness with a hint of sass, and hoping you don’t notice what the creative director, art director, stylist and retoucher obviously did—my weird side/lazy boob situation that is going on above my right hand and making me look all types of ill-proportioned. Right there, next to that ‘$10,000’ cover line. You can tell from the look on my face that I’m a little miffed that Emil isn’t here to save me (yet) but, hey—it’s better than Hype Hair.
Ok in all seriousness, I actually love Kerry and think she is seriously undervalued in Hollywood. Between Ray, Last King of Scotland and Night Catches Us, someone needs to give this woman an Oscar-worthy role…and better covers!!!! -SW
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Hotel Love: The Zen Oasis @ Club Med Punta Cana - March 15th, 2017
- Giving Back and Getting More in Batey Guajabo - February 7th, 2017
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Grenada! - January 22nd, 2017
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017
- Why Be Basic? 6 Ways To Be A Better Traveler - December 19th, 2016