Hello. My name is Kerry Washington, who you might know from blockbusters like She Hate Me, For Colored Girls, Fantastic Four and that Common video. I’m also the March 2012 cover girl of what just may be the most boring cover of Essence Magazine ever. Surrounded in a sea of blue-studio abyss I’m giving you some serious suburban-bedroom realness with a hint of sass, and hoping you don’t notice what the creative director, art director, stylist and retoucher obviously did—my weird side/lazy boob situation that is going on above my right hand and making me look all types of ill-proportioned. Right there, next to that ‘$10,000’ cover line. You can tell from the look on my face that I’m a little miffed that Emil isn’t here to save me (yet) but, hey—it’s better than Hype Hair.
Ok in all seriousness, I actually love Kerry and think she is seriously undervalued in Hollywood. Between Ray, Last King of Scotland and Night Catches Us, someone needs to give this woman an Oscar-worthy role…and better covers!!!! -SW
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Travel Bites: Airbnb's New Look, The Best Time To Travel & More! - November 29th, 2016
- Travel Bites: The New Luxe AirBnb, A VAT Breakdown & More! - November 21st, 2016
- The Travel Bag: Skin’s Best Bets - October 24th, 2016
- 3 Luxe for Less Caribbean Getaways for Fall! - August 29th, 2016
- Carnival Virgin? What To Know Before You Go! - August 14th, 2016