Madonna finally released the video for her long-awaited
sometimes fan-arresting song “Gimme All Your Luvin’ ” featuring Nicki Minaj and M.I.A. and it makes me wonder; Does Madge ever quote The Devil Wears Prada and say “I can’t believe I talk about this stuff all day.”
Right? The “Gimme All You Luvin’ ” lyrics are trite but as any marketer or producer will tell you, inserting your name into the chorus of a catchy song is the way to hook fans and innocent bystanders, er, listeners. Even as I type, I still hear the repetitive chorus … “L U V Madonna!” So how’s Nicki Minaj and M.I.A. fair in the sea of Detroit’s Material Girl? Well, Nicki did her best to deliver a memorable verse and was moderately successful, but M.I.A. … maybe I should watch her part a few more times? Seems she wasn’t too into the groove and her verse echos that. Just me? And why’s Nicki wearing that long dress in the faux Marilyn scene while Madge and M.I.A. get cute short ones? Boo.
Madonna’s M.D.M.A lp is rumored to hit shelves in March, according to Billboard and she’ll hit the Super Bowl halftime stage on Sunday, February 5 with Nicki and M.I.A. I think it’ll be fun.
ps. I miss my Photoshop. Any got a hook-up?
Watch “Gimme All Your Luvin’ ” below and tell me what you think:
Last 5 posts by Hillary Crosley
- Parlour Jams!: Hawaii's Golden Sunsets With DJ Darling Chuck - July 23rd, 2015
- Parlour Jams!: Morning Moves With DJ Heat - June 23rd, 2015
- Your Weekend Getaway in...Houston! - April 30th, 2015
- Listen to DJ Kwest_on's Romantic Grooves and Survive Wedding Season - April 14th, 2015
- Couple Tripping: Where to Turn Down Together, for Your Sanity - March 26th, 2015