Madonna finally released the video for her long-awaited
sometimes fan-arresting song “Gimme All Your Luvin’ ” featuring Nicki Minaj and M.I.A. and it makes me wonder; Does Madge ever quote The Devil Wears Prada and say “I can’t believe I talk about this stuff all day.”
Right? The “Gimme All You Luvin’ ” lyrics are trite but as any marketer or producer will tell you, inserting your name into the chorus of a catchy song is the way to hook fans and innocent bystanders, er, listeners. Even as I type, I still hear the repetitive chorus … “L U V Madonna!” So how’s Nicki Minaj and M.I.A. fair in the sea of Detroit’s Material Girl? Well, Nicki did her best to deliver a memorable verse and was moderately successful, but M.I.A. … maybe I should watch her part a few more times? Seems she wasn’t too into the groove and her verse echos that. Just me? And why’s Nicki wearing that long dress in the faux Marilyn scene while Madge and M.I.A. get cute short ones? Boo.
Madonna’s M.D.M.A lp is rumored to hit shelves in March, according to Billboard and she’ll hit the Super Bowl halftime stage on Sunday, February 5 with Nicki and M.I.A. I think it’ll be fun.
ps. I miss my Photoshop. Any got a hook-up?
Watch “Gimme All Your Luvin’ ” below and tell me what you think:
Last 5 posts by Hillary Crosley
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Dutchess County, NY! - June 22nd, 2018
- Hotel Love: The Old Rhinebeck Inn - May 13th, 2018
- Cyber Monday Is Coming, Travel Deals Are Here! - November 20th, 2017
- Flying With Kids: The Good, The Bad, The Body Fluids - December 22nd, 2016
- Here's How Not to Ride a Bike in Amsterdam - October 24th, 2016