Shannon and I watched Maya Rudolph host “Saturday Night Live” last night (Feb. 18) between glasses — notice I didn’t say shots … — of vodka and sorrel and it was great. I don’t usually watch much “SNL” and unlike other people it’s not because I hate it or anything, I just don’t remember it’s on or I’m using Saturday night as an excuse to watch some really questionable chick flick like Something Borrowed. Don’t judge me.
Last night, Maya killed “SNL,” as if I didn’t already love she and Christina Applegate’s chemistry on NBC’s “Up All Night” sitcom. My favorite skit was Ms. Rudolph as a dramatic Beyoncé with Jay Pharoh, the guy who is good at celebrity impressions, playing Jay-Z, and the pair welcoming celebrity friends to see their newborn Blue Ivy. Fred Armison as a smirking Prince = gold. Watch below starting at 17.00 and laugh with me!
ps. Sleighbells also performed “Comeback Kid” and the show’s sound was so bad I couldn’t understand the lyrics and the music just sounded like noise. Womp.
Last 5 posts by Hillary Crosley
- Parlour Jams!: Hawaii's Golden Sunsets With DJ Darling Chuck - July 23rd, 2015
- Parlour Jams!: Morning Moves With DJ Heat - June 23rd, 2015
- Your Weekend Getaway in...Houston! - April 30th, 2015
- Listen to DJ Kwest_on's Romantic Grooves and Survive Wedding Season - April 14th, 2015
- Couple Tripping: Where to Turn Down Together, for Your Sanity - March 26th, 2015