Whitney Houston has been found dead at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Los Angeles. She was 48 years old.
From what I can piece together from TMZ, MSNBC and CNN, Houston was found by her bodyguard named Ray — not Ray J — as she was preparing for Clive Davis’ celebrated annual Grammy party tonight, Saturday February 11. She was scheduled to participate in the remake of Sparkle along side singer Jordin Sparks and was possibly in talks to be a replacement judge for Paula Abdul on “X Factor.”
On a personal note, when I learned the news I called my mother who said she felt the same way she did when Michael Jackson died, shocked. Despite her highs and lows, Houston was someone I grew up listening to and her passing is sad. We’re sending up a Parlour prayer for her family and especially her mother Cissy Houston and her daughter, Bobbi Kristina.
Last 5 posts by Hillary Crosley
- Hotel Love: The Old Rhinebeck Inn - May 13th, 2018
- Cyber Monday Is Coming, Travel Deals Are Here! - November 20th, 2017
- Flying With Kids: The Good, The Bad, The Body Fluids - December 22nd, 2016
- Here's How Not to Ride a Bike in Amsterdam - October 24th, 2016
- Parlour Jams!: Hawaii's Golden Sunsets With DJ Darling Chuck - July 23rd, 2015