Whitney Houston has been found dead at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Los Angeles. She was 48 years old.
From what I can piece together from TMZ, MSNBC and CNN, Houston was found by her bodyguard named Ray — not Ray J — as she was preparing for Clive Davis’ celebrated annual Grammy party tonight, Saturday February 11. She was scheduled to participate in the remake of Sparkle along side singer Jordin Sparks and was possibly in talks to be a replacement judge for Paula Abdul on “X Factor.”
On a personal note, when I learned the news I called my mother who said she felt the same way she did when Michael Jackson died, shocked. Despite her highs and lows, Houston was someone I grew up listening to and her passing is sad. We’re sending up a Parlour prayer for her family and especially her mother Cissy Houston and her daughter, Bobbi Kristina.
Last 5 posts by Hillary Crosley
- Parlour Jams!: Hawaii's Golden Sunsets With DJ Darling Chuck - July 23rd, 2015
- Parlour Jams!: Morning Moves With DJ Heat - June 23rd, 2015
- Your Weekend Getaway in...Houston! - April 30th, 2015
- Listen to DJ Kwest_on's Romantic Grooves and Survive Wedding Season - April 14th, 2015
- Couple Tripping: Where to Turn Down Together, for Your Sanity - March 26th, 2015