Today, March 9, marks the 15th anniversary of Notorious B.I.G. leaving us. Fortunately for the fans left behind, we’ve got the MC’s legacy and music to remember what Biggie gave to hip-hop music. XXL magazine and BET.com did some great coverage surrounding the Bed-Stuy MC who grew up right around the corner from the church I attend on Sundays. It’s all so surreal to live amidst so much history but I guess that’s a reminder not to take anything for granted because nothing’s promised, right? Also, tonight the formidable DJ Mister Cee is scheduled to deliver a three-hour mix of Biggie’s work, think it comes on at 7pm and you can listen at Hot97.com if you’re not in the New York City area. Also, check out the BET.com clip below, featuring yours truly.
Last 5 posts by Hillary Crosley
- Parlour Jams!: Hawaii's Golden Sunsets With DJ Darling Chuck - July 23rd, 2015
- Parlour Jams!: Morning Moves With DJ Heat - June 23rd, 2015
- Your Weekend Getaway in...Houston! - April 30th, 2015
- Listen to DJ Kwest_on's Romantic Grooves and Survive Wedding Season - April 14th, 2015
- Couple Tripping: Where to Turn Down Together, for Your Sanity - March 26th, 2015