Roc Nation artist Rita Ora’s has been all up and down my google reader this week. First she was photographed canoodling with (read: being interviewed by) VIBE magazine editor JFK, then another site said she’s Drake’s new girlfriend. But the biggest tidbit swirling about Ms. Ora is that she’s a Rihanna knock-off. Hm … because she’s a black pop star? Remember when Rihanna was a Beyoncé knock-off? Right. Rihanna wasn’t really ever a Beyonce mini-me, but Mrs. Carter had set the standard for beauty and fashion so naturally, Rihanna’s stylists and managers dressed her like Bey and gave her a nice, long weave. But now Rihanna is known for her own short hairstyle and hit songs like “Umbrella” and “We Found Love,” right? So let’s give Rita Ora a chance to figure out who she is as an artist and show us her individual talent, shall we?
Last 5 posts by Hillary Crosley
- Cyber Monday Is Coming, Travel Deals Are Here! - November 20th, 2017
- Flying With Kids: The Good, The Bad, The Body Fluids - December 22nd, 2016
- Here's How Not to Ride a Bike in Amsterdam - October 24th, 2016
- Parlour Jams!: Hawaii's Golden Sunsets With DJ Darling Chuck - July 23rd, 2015
- Parlour Jams!: Morning Moves With DJ Heat - June 23rd, 2015