Roc Nation artist Rita Ora’s has been all up and down my google reader this week. First she was photographed canoodling with (read: being interviewed by) VIBE magazine editor JFK, then another site said she’s Drake’s new girlfriend. But the biggest tidbit swirling about Ms. Ora is that she’s a Rihanna knock-off. Hm … because she’s a black pop star? Remember when Rihanna was a Beyoncé knock-off? Right. Rihanna wasn’t really ever a Beyonce mini-me, but Mrs. Carter had set the standard for beauty and fashion so naturally, Rihanna’s stylists and managers dressed her like Bey and gave her a nice, long weave. But now Rihanna is known for her own short hairstyle and hit songs like “Umbrella” and “We Found Love,” right? So let’s give Rita Ora a chance to figure out who she is as an artist and show us her individual talent, shall we?
Last 5 posts by Hillary Crosley
- Parlour Jams!: Hawaii's Golden Sunsets With DJ Darling Chuck - July 23rd, 2015
- Parlour Jams!: Morning Moves With DJ Heat - June 23rd, 2015
- Your Weekend Getaway in...Houston! - April 30th, 2015
- Listen to DJ Kwest_on's Romantic Grooves and Survive Wedding Season - April 14th, 2015
- Couple Tripping: Where to Turn Down Together, for Your Sanity - March 26th, 2015