Former International Monetary Fund president and French political hopeful Dominique Strauss-Kahn is back in the news after being accused of attempted rape by New York City hotel maid Nafissatou Diallo in 2011, only to have the charges dropped. Now Diallo is bringing Strauss-Kahn, who’s repeatedly been the focus of sexual assault allegations, up on a civil law suit. Reports the Guardian:
Diallo, in a civil sexual assault case against Strauss-Kahn, is saying his alleged actions reflected a pattern of misogynistic behaviour. New York City recently passed a law against gender-based violence and there have been other allegations made against Strauss-Kahn by women. Diallo’s lawyers wrote in her latest claim: “Strauss-Kahn’s conduct towards women generally is, and more specifically his sexual assault of Ms Diallo was, motivated by a gender-animus and a misogynistic attitude.”
Strauss-Kahn’s lawyers had no immediate comment.
Diallo, 33, insists she told the truth about the encounter and is now pressing her claims in civil court. So is Strauss-Kahn, who filed a $1m defamation claim against her last week, saying she had sullied his reputation with a “malicious and wanton false accusation”.
DSK is disgusting and to think that he’s counter-suing Diallo because his slimy ass lost a chance to be president and his IMF boss check is even more revolting. *throws up hands*
Last 5 posts by Hillary Crosley
- Parlour Jams!: Hawaii's Golden Sunsets With DJ Darling Chuck - July 23rd, 2015
- Parlour Jams!: Morning Moves With DJ Heat - June 23rd, 2015
- Your Weekend Getaway in...Houston! - April 30th, 2015
- Listen to DJ Kwest_on's Romantic Grooves and Survive Wedding Season - April 14th, 2015
- Couple Tripping: Where to Turn Down Together, for Your Sanity - March 26th, 2015