What: Cafe Indigo
Where: Indigo Courtyard, off of Hwy 1 in St. James, 2nd floor. Tel. 246-432-0968 [Map]
Why: This small, blue-hued restaurant may be a key hangout for British nationals and expats due to its Brit-friendly menu, but the real star of Cafe Indigo definitely isn’t the fish and chips. After choosing to pass the afternoon seated by the window for lunch, Hills and I quickly discovered that aside from their daily specials, this eatery’s knockout is the rum punch. Made in traditional Bajan fashion with both nutmeg and Falernum, we were on our second round before the food came. The menu is pretty straight ahead cafe fare, including wraps, salads and pasta, but if day-drinking is your thing than Cafe Indigo is an unexpected winner at a great price. And lunch may be your best bet because this cafe is only open for dinner on Tuesday and Thursday, so plan accordingly.
Don’t miss your chance to enjoy paradise, Parlour style! Eat, Play, Love Barbados is Parlour’s fabulous travel deal giving you special discounted rates on top Bajan hotels, including The House, Colony Club and Tamarind, during the Food Wine and Rum Festival November 16-18. Join us!
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017
- Why Be Basic? 6 Ways To Be A Better Traveler - December 19th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Brazil's Hidden Beauty, Our National Parks' Lessons & more! - December 5th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Airbnb's New Look, The Best Time To Travel & More! - November 29th, 2016
- Travel Bites: The New Luxe AirBnb, A VAT Breakdown & More! - November 21st, 2016