As we prepare for our upcoming travel season we thought that we’d connect with some of the world’s most frequent fliers for their take on travel culture, cool tips and interesting places to visit. Seven questions, seven ways to be inspired for your next journey. Meet the newest member of the Parlour Travel Seven:
Name: Suemyra Shah
Passport Stamps: Malawi, Guatemala, Turkey, Vietnam and many more
1. My Best Travel Memory So Far: The first time I laid my eyes on the Himalayas of Kashmir (the motherland). Love at first sight!
2. Favorite Hotel & Why: Amansara, Siem Reap, Cambodia. A royal yet minimalist sanctuary in one of the most spiritual places that I’ve ever visited.
3. My Must-haves On Any Flight Are: Comfy, loose-fitting clothes, Tracie Martyn Shanti Space Lift Mist, my lavender eye pillow, vegan snacks and a journal.
4. When I’m On The Road, I Absolutely Hate: Ignorant Westerners.
5. My Dream Destination Or Vacation: The Maldives, Mozambique, or Zanzibar.
6. The Three Things I Can’t Travel Without: 1) Research on the best local markets, 2) Grapefruit seed extract (to combat stomach issues from bacteria in food or bad water), and 3) My Amex (the travel benefits are incredible!).
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017
- Why Be Basic? 6 Ways To Be A Better Traveler - December 19th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Brazil's Hidden Beauty, Our National Parks' Lessons & more! - December 5th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Airbnb's New Look, The Best Time To Travel & More! - November 29th, 2016
- Travel Bites: The New Luxe AirBnb, A VAT Breakdown & More! - November 21st, 2016