Name: Tanisha “Het-Heru Ptah” Elliott
Occupation: High School Humanities Professor & Curriculum Writer
Website/Links: Tanisha Elliot
Passport Stamps: Mucho!
1. My Best Travel Memory So Far: Taking the subway all around Montreal while my favorite aunt was running the Montreal marathon. Hopping off the train at different stops to give her a bit of encouragement at various points was the perfect way to see the city. If I remember correctly, she also ran her best time yet…..PRICELESS.
2. Favorite Hotel & Why: The Westin (now The Sheraton) in downtown Cairo. From the top floor you can watch the sunset over the pyramids. Absolutely incredible!
3. My Must-Haves On Any Fight Are: Sleep aids. As much as I travel, I can’t stand to fly! Go figure…..
4. When I’m On The Road, I Absolutely Hate: When there are no vegetarian options on the menu.
5. My Dream Destination Or Vacation: Spain’s El Hierro, one of the smaller more remote islands among the Canary Islands chain. It’s slated to be the first place on earth to be completely “off the grid” and have all it’s energy needs met without burning any fossil fuels.
6. Three Things I Can’t Travel Without: My passport, comfortable shoes, and wipes. You never know what type of terrain you will encounter.
7. Top Lesson Learned While Travelling: A pleasant friendly attitude goes a long way. I’ve traveled to so many countries where I didn’t speak the language fluently, but because I have a naturally positive attitude accompanied by a smile I’ve always managed to get what I’ve needed at the precise moment.
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017
- Why Be Basic? 6 Ways To Be A Better Traveler - December 19th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Brazil's Hidden Beauty, Our National Parks' Lessons & more! - December 5th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Airbnb's New Look, The Best Time To Travel & More! - November 29th, 2016
- Travel Bites: The New Luxe AirBnb, A VAT Breakdown & More! - November 21st, 2016