Name: Tanisha “Het-Heru Ptah” Elliott
Occupation: High School Humanities Professor & Curriculum Writer
Website/Links: Tanisha Elliot
Passport Stamps: Mucho!
1. My Best Travel Memory So Far: Taking the subway all around Montreal while my favorite aunt was running the Montreal marathon. Hopping off the train at different stops to give her a bit of encouragement at various points was the perfect way to see the city. If I remember correctly, she also ran her best time yet…..PRICELESS.
2. Favorite Hotel & Why: The Westin (now The Sheraton) in downtown Cairo. From the top floor you can watch the sunset over the pyramids. Absolutely incredible!
3. My Must-Haves On Any Fight Are: Sleep aids. As much as I travel, I can’t stand to fly! Go figure…..
4. When I’m On The Road, I Absolutely Hate: When there are no vegetarian options on the menu.
5. My Dream Destination Or Vacation: Spain’s El Hierro, one of the smaller more remote islands among the Canary Islands chain. It’s slated to be the first place on earth to be completely “off the grid” and have all it’s energy needs met without burning any fossil fuels.
6. Three Things I Can’t Travel Without: My passport, comfortable shoes, and wipes. You never know what type of terrain you will encounter.
7. Top Lesson Learned While Travelling: A pleasant friendly attitude goes a long way. I’ve traveled to so many countries where I didn’t speak the language fluently, but because I have a naturally positive attitude accompanied by a smile I’ve always managed to get what I’ve needed at the precise moment.