Name: Traceye Y. Smith
Home: Brooklyn, USA
Occupation: Marketing Executive and Self-Proclaimed Beauty Junkie
Passport Stamps: Too many to list but I’ve been to 21 countries and two kingdoms in 2012 including Zanzibar, Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam, Slovenia, Croatia, Fiji and Thailand to name a few.
1. My Best Travel Memory So Far: I have many, but these are three of my favorites: 1) Teaching English in a village right outside of Ubud, Bali and the cute note my students sent me telling me I was the best teacher ever and they liked my laugh and my bag. 2) Taking pictures of the sunset in Krabi, Thailand while standing behind a random guy, only to have that guy turn around realize he was my friend from New York. 3) Hearing house music (I’m originally from Chicago) coming from the hotel room next to mine in Istanbul, knocking on the door to find two guys from the U.S. who currently live in Germany—we were inseparable the rest of the trip and are now great friends.
2. Favorite Hotel & Why: Komaneka – Rasa Sayan in Ubud, Bali. Not only is it a beautiful hotel with a grand chandelier at the entrance and an amazing eternity pool and spa, it’s right in the heart of town and the staff treats you like you are a part of their family greeting you with ‘Welcome home’ when you return. Upon my departure they presented me with a gift of a beautiful silk scarf and embroidered bathrobe.
3. My Must-Haves On Any Flight Are: My iPad loaded with magazines, music and movies. A cashmere oversized scarf (airplane blankets aren’t always the cleanest), and Kiehl’s lip balm, which works great as cuticle moisturizer too.
4. When I’m On The Road, I Absolutely Hate: There’s not much I can say I hate, but I guess it would be not being able to share my travel experience with all of my friends.
5. My Dream Destination Or Vacation: I’ve seen most of the world but would say going to Cuba would be at the top of my list.
6. The Three Things I Can’t Travel Without: My camera and iPad camera adapter, my passport, and my Tumi fold-up duffle bag to bring back the extra things I need while traveling.
7. Top Lesson Learned While Traveling: Don’t be afraid to travel alone. I leapt around the world for six months alone and it was the best trip I’ve ever had!
Already on your second or third passport? Join the Travel Seven and submit your answers today to email@example.com—if we like them we will post on here on Parlour!
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- The 17 Things We Can't Travel Without In 2018! - December 23rd, 2017
- Hotel Love: The Zen Oasis @ Club Med Punta Cana - March 15th, 2017
- Giving Back and Getting More in Batey Guajabo - February 7th, 2017
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Grenada! - January 22nd, 2017
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017