Since we’re on a mental and physical vacation until January 7 — I’m in California, Shannon’s in Washington, D.C., then New Orleans, and Sherry’s North Carolina — we’re serving up Parlour’s Best of 2012! Each day this week, you’ll get a chance to reminisce on what made us all laugh, cry and suck our teeth during the last 12 months. I dug up a few of our faves … and I’m sweating, WOO!
I wasn’t going to post this new Nicki Minaj video for her creatively titled song “Stupid Hoe” until Monday but fine. I just watched it on YouTube and you probably will want to watch it too.
– Nicki doesn’t look, as my Grandmother would say, a hooksy. I love this woman’s flow but her ability to consistently look like the unwanteds bin at a thrift shore continues to hurt my feelings and frustrate me. Her wigs, makeup and outfits in “Stupid Hoe” are the best she’s looked in awhile.
– The video’s overall production and special effects, like when she transforms from a tiger into herself — though she’s caged which makes me think of Venus Hottentot, not a good thing — or creatively references Grace Jones‘ iconic photograph, are visually appealing and professional.
– Her last line directed at Lil’ Kim saying “Stupid hoes is my enemy, stupid hoes is so wack. Stupid hoe should’ve befriended me, then she could’ve probably came back” is hilarious and most likely, true. Though to be honest, Kim’s personal disorganization probably would’ve stifled her return because I seriously doubt Nicki’s dislike of Kim is causing the Queen B to be blacklisted. Kim just doesn’t have any hits or a team that’s supporting her in the right way, period. …
Last 5 posts by Hillary Crosley
- Parlour Jams!: Hawaii's Golden Sunsets With DJ Darling Chuck - July 23rd, 2015
- Parlour Jams!: Morning Moves With DJ Heat - June 23rd, 2015
- Your Weekend Getaway in...Houston! - April 30th, 2015
- Listen to DJ Kwest_on's Romantic Grooves and Survive Wedding Season - April 14th, 2015
- Couple Tripping: Where to Turn Down Together, for Your Sanity - March 26th, 2015